Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Growing...

The plants are finally bearing fruit:

It's a baby watermelon, the size of my fist...

So yesterday morning I noticed that the zucchini plants were leaning almost flat to the ground. It looked as if a big dog ran through our garden. Then as I took a closer look, I noticed that the zucchini leaves had a fungus growing on them, so I thought maybe the fungus was killing the plant and therefore it was drooping. But when I took an even closer look, I noticed that the cucumber plant was wrapping its vines around the zucchini and pulling it down. Needless to say our garden is growing out of control, but still bearing fruit which is the most important part.

I found this zucchini by accident while trying to clip some leaves off that have the fungus on them. I also had to give them a milk bath to keep the fungus from getting any worse.
I also found this guy, a baby cucumber, only 2 inches...

No comments:

Post a Comment