Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Garden Exploded!

When we came back from Disney World, I seriously thought we pulled up to the wrong house because before we left a lot of the plants in our garden were only inches high, and when we came back it looked like this:


Needless to say, I couldn't believe my eyes, literally EVERYTHING had grown more than I thought it would in less than two weeks. I left Mel to water my plants (thank you Mel!), so I thought she had done something to them ;) But come to think about it, I did fertilize the flowers and put cow manure (trying to stay organic) between the plants before we left.

Now, 2 weeks later, it looks like this (just took this picture minutes ago):


Below are pictures I took of some of the plants right after we got back from Disney World 2 weeks ago:

When I first planted the Marigold, it only had one flower. I guess the fertilizer did wonders for it.
Petunia & Gerbera - Thanks to the fertilizer the gerbera has kept blooming!
My three Tomato plants that are actually flowering now, so the fruit should be coming soon.
The big, bushy Zucchini that is also flowering and taking over.
The Komatsuna or Japanese Mustard Spinach that was our first harvest from the garden.
The Cucumber is also flowering.
The 2 little Lettuces that have so far survived the rabbits by growing next to weeds.
Carrots - I wish I could see what they look like underneath.
Watermelon - also has flowers.
Sweet Basil - Have been using a lot of it.
Lavender - I'm thinking this is lavender and not just weeds...we'll find out.
Bunches of Cilantro - We now put cilantro in almost everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment